Things I Love (Right Now)
1) Spring! It's spring! And boy, is it glorious! Yesterday we lounged in Central Park for hours and hours and I got sunburned and everyone was happy.
2) Baseball. Despite the fact that the Yankees got spanked yesterday, there's nothing better than a baseball game, stadium cotton candy ("THE COTTON CANDY MAN! DEREK, I see him! GET HIM TO COME OVER HERE!"), hot dogs, and twelve dollar beers.
3) Brunch. How on earth did it take me twenty three years to appreciate this miracle of a meal? Waffles AND unlimited mimosas? Oh, my.
4) New babies! Let's face it: babies are cuter, better smelling and better looking than most of us. My darling cousin Liz and her husband Kyle welcomed their first child on Friday, a beautiful babe named Kelly. Err---I mean Cecelia Rose. Now I just gotta get to Seattle to see the munchkin and teach her all the bad tricks I've taught the rest of my (fake) nieces. Get ready for a drumming, cursing baby who throws her toys while screaming "BOMBS AWAY!"
5) Bonnaroo. It is now less than two months away! Our foray into the Tennessee wilderness, encountering beasts (hippies) from all walks of life is going to be...well....LEGEN-DARY. (I had to say it.)
6) Planning trips I can't afford. I'm thinking Seattle this summer, Paris in October, maybe Australia for Christmas? I think this whole idea of "saving" is really quite overrated. And I have a really good feeling about next week's Take 5 Lotto picks. Plus Tim McGraw has advised me to live like I was dying...so...I'm going to go ahead and do so.
What are you loving right now?