It's Sunday. January 3rd. Which means that my vacation from the real world is about to end. In 24 hours I will be at my desk. At work. Crying.
And because I decided the new Kelly would begin on the 4th, I won't be crying into my favorite bag of salt and vinegar chips. I won't be drowning my sorrows into a vanilla latte from Starbucks. There will be no Rice Krispie treat to catch my tears.
It will be January 4th and these resolutions will begin...
1) Go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I don't really see this happening. I hate working out and gyms smell bad. Plus sometimes this means that I'll have to shower twice in one day. I dislike this idea immensely. But I am going to try!
2) Give up soda, candy, Starbucks, chips and fried food. This basically means I have to reinvent my entire diet. Note that I did not include bagels. A girl's got to live for something.
3) Only get drunk once a week and never during the week. Ha.
4) Write a book. This is the year!
5) Quit using parents' credit card. Considering I have the numbers memorized (I don't even know my own credit card numbers), this will likely be the most difficult resolution. But I'm almost 24 (gasp!) so it's time to give it up. UGHHHH.
6) Save money. Since I intend to follow #5 and I am also planning a trip to Europe, I also don't see this happening. But whatever. I'm going to try.
Okay. I think six resolutions are enough. There are multiple areas of improvement in my life, but come on--I can only do so much. Plus, my flaws just make me more charming. (Right??)
What are you giving up this year?
Wish me luck!