Happy Ash Wednesday, everyone!
It's that time of year when everyone (well, us God-forsaken Catholics, anyway) give up one of our cherished vices for forty long days. Although I am not known for my reverence, I have decided to follow Jesus' teachings and give up something for Lent.
The problem is that I have so so many vices to choose from, and it's hard to pick from that ever-growing list. I also don't want to give up anything.
So what should it be? The options are:
1) Drinking (God doesn't hate me and wouldn't want me to suffer, right? Or is that the point of Lent? Jeez, one year out of Catholic school and I've forgotten everything.)
2) Candy (Considering that I just ate cotton candy that is over a week old, I don't think this is going to work.)
3) Super Pretzel Bites (This is what I eat for dinner every night, so...no. Plus they are delicious.)
4) Vodka (I can still drink beer though. NO more blackouts! No more Pregnant Men!)
5) TV (HAHAHAHAHAH. NO.)
6) Chocolate (See how I keep narrowing things down? But still, no.)
7) My blog (Yeah. Like I'd ever deprive my readers of laughter. Or myself of attention.)
8) Text messaging (And actually have to TALK to people? No.)
9) Blogging at work (Then what would I do?)
10) Not exercising (So I'll join a gym...No.)
So what should I pick? I'm leaning toward giving up my lazy, couch potato lifestyle...but this would involve exercise and less carbohydrates...